Showing posts with label Boko Haram. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Boko Haram. Show all posts

Monday, 4 January 2016

RECRUITMENT SCAM OF JANUARY 4,2016 !

Federal Government of Nigeria response to recruitment scam. Federal Ministry of Labour of Nigeria is not recruiting.

See letter below:





To prevent what happened during NIS Job Scam exercise during the Past president Goodluck Administration where a lot of unemployed youths lost their lives, documents, body parts, etc..




Sunday, 3 January 2016

Plans To Assassinate Buhari Are Been Strategized

Founder of Adoration Ministry, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, during his new year sermon yesterday in his church, revealed how some certain people are planning to take the life of the President, so that corruption can continue in the country.

He says they are planning to kill because of his campaign against corruption. He said;
“I am not a sycophant, but I want to tell you that so far God is happy and he who God has blessed none can curse. Many people are planning to kill Buhari – there are many plans on how to eliminate his life so that corruption will continue, so that embezzlement will continue. But I speak to Buhari that God who put you there will protect you; be firm, remain resolute, don’t be intimidated.”
Mbaka then went on to say;

“President Buhari, God and his people are behind you, you are the answer to the prayer of His people. Nigeria, as we speak now, economically, security wise is in the intensive care unit. If the oxygen is removed, Nigeria will die. People of God prayed, from here and there and God gave us Buhari. God has told us that Buhari is prayer answered. President Buhari is an answered prayer; whether you hate him or like him, Buhari is prayer answered. The Bishops of Nigeria, the Catholic bishops prayed against bribery and corruption and this President came with a charter that has to do with war against corruption,” he said.

MASSIVE EDUCATION EMPLOYMENT 2016

MASSIVE EDUCATION EMPLOYMENT 2016

In line with Federal Government's 500,000 employment in the education sector. A high profile governmental organization requires 200,000 teaching & non-teaching staff for immediate employment into Primary and secondary schools in Abuja, Kaduna, Nassarawa and Niger states in January 2016.

Eligibility: B Sc, B.Ed, HND, NCE and OND Holders. Salary is attractive, depending on category.

Previous Teaching Experience not necessary as all selected applicants will undergo training.

Interested applicants should send CV to:

 primaryeduboard@gmail.com

Application closes 15th January 2016

Training day is 30th January 2016

Call 08176073759 for more info.

*Advert was published in The Guardian Newspaper of 30th December, 2015.

I wish you the best.

Thursday, 31 December 2015

Nigerians React On Twitter on Hijab banned possibility by Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari said in the ongoing presidential media chat that if bombings continue in the country, Hijab might be banned.Most of the bombings in the country are carried out by bombers clad in Hijab.

 Answering questions on incessant terrorist attacks happening in the country, President Buhari said:

“When I say BokoHaram had been defeated technically, we have weakened capacity for conventional attacks. Banning Hijab is not an option, but if these attacks continues, Hijab has to be banned.”

The president’s verdict on hijab being banned has triggered twitter reactions from Nigerians.See tweets below....

Those who tried to paint PMB as an Islamic extremist before the election must feel really silly after the Hijab ban statement #PMBMediaChat

— B. (@zebbook) December 30,2015


The President was straight forward about the Hijab response, also works better seeing as he’s a muslim.#PresidentialMediaChat

— Khaleesi!!! (@AbangMercy) December 30,2015


@MBuhari got be boxed into a corner here. What BAN the wearing of Hijab? In Northern #Nigeria ? UNTHINKABLE! #presidentialmediachat

— Kayode Ogundamisi (@ogundamisi) December 30,2015


I thought he was gonna dodge the hijab question. It’s a crazy angle. #PresidentialMediaChat

— Ediong (@Ediong) December 30,2015


I’m a liberal. I’ll defend Hijab as a legal choice, even while I take a social& Islamic view that it is a totally unnecessary piece of cloth

— maajid nawaz (@MaajidNawaz) December 30,2015


Even a decade and a half later debates about terrorism still end up flowing into discussions about hijab & other basically unrelated things.

— Murtaza Hussain @MazMHussain Decembr 30,2015


Comment to give your reaction on this.

Wednesday, 16 December 2015

IRK, FINE ART TEACHER NEEDED URGENTLY

An Experienced IRK (Arabic), Fine Art  and Music Director teacher is needed urgently in a school located at Wuse 2, Abuja, Nigeria.

The individual is expected to be an experienced instructor with certification in education or on the field of study. He/She must have passion for the profession.

Interested applicant can should send their CV to The Admin Manager, 21 Lingu Crescent, off Aminu Kano crescent, by NNPC Filling Station, Wuse 2, Abuja,Nigeria and write the position on the application letter.

JOB CONDITION: You must reside with Abuja or its environs and have good knowledge of the subject/class please.Call 08068518410 for more information different from the ones given as requirement only and not for information regards to salary information
.

I wish you the best.
fession and have WAEC/NECO marking Scheme experience which add as an additional criteria.

Thirty Dead In Boko Haram Attack On Borno Villages

Brutal weekend attacks on three villages by Boko Haram Islamists in the restive northeast of Nigeria have left 30 dead and 20 others wounded, a vigilante told AFP.

“Most of the victims were slaughtered and most of the wounded (had suffered) machete cuts,” Mustapha Karimbe, a civilian helping the Nigerian military fight Boko Haram, said of Saturday’s attacks in the villages of Warwara, Mangari and Bura-Shika in Borno state.

News of the attacks has been slow to emerge because telecom masts in the area have been destroyed in previous Boko Haram raids, hindering communication.

The Islamists invaded the villages, hacking and slaughtering their victims before setting the villages on fire.

The villages are near Buratai, the hometown of Nigeria’s highest military chief Tukur Yusuf Buratai.

‎Warwara, where 20 people were killed, was the worst affected, said Musa Suleiman, another vigilante.

The attackers killed six people in Bura-Shika and another four in Mangari, he said.

The latest deaths take the number of people killed in Nigeria since President Muhammadu Buhari took office in May to more than 1,530, according to an AFP tally.

Residents of the villages fled to Biu, 30 kilometres (19 miles) away.

Buratai and nearby settlements have recently been the targets of deadly raids by Boko Haram, which have left scores dead and entire villages looted and burnt down.

Residents believe the attacks are in response to the pressure that the army chief is exerting on Boko Haram in counter-insurgency military operations.

On Thursday Boko Haram insurgents killed 14 people — decapitating some of them — when they raided Kamuya village, the hometown of the army chief’s mother, and burnt it down.

Nigeria’s government has vowed to end the Boko Haram insurgency by this month but the deadline looks likely to be missed as attacks persist.

The Islamists’ grip on the region has suffered as a result of offensives launched by local armies, leading to raids like Saturday’s becoming rarer.

There has, however, been a spike in suicide attacks in Nigeria and neighbouring Cameroon, Chad and Niger.

At least 17,000 people have been killed since the conflict began in 2009.

A new 8,700-strong Multi-national Joint Task Force (MNJTF) comprising troops from Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Cameroon and Benin was supposed to have been deployed in late July.

But the African Union-backed force has yet to start operations, with no reason given for the lengthening delay and questions over whether the countries have the resources to commit.

Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Buhari said He didn’t Receive $300,000 From Dasuki, Only Suvs

President Muhammadu Buhari has denied ever receiving cash of $300,000 from a former National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki.

Buhari, who reacted to the claim by Dasuki in his statement to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission that he gave him $300,000, said he did not receive a kobo from the former NSA.

Reacting to the development in an interview with The Eagle Online on behalf of his boss, the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Femi Adesina, said Buhari only received two Jeeps from the Presidency before his inauguration on May 29, 2015.

Adesina said the Jeep, one armoured and the other ordinary, were sent to Buhari shortly after the attack on his vehicles in Kaduna State by members of the Boko Haram sect.

He said the two Jeeps were Toyota Land Cruiser.
It would be recalled that Buhari was attacked in July 2014 by the Boko Haram terrorists on Ali Akilu Road, Kawo-Kaduna.

In a text message to The Eagle Online that further emphasised that Dasuki never gave a dime to his boss, Adesina wrote: “After the attack, he (Buhari) got two Land Cruiser SUVs, one armoured, the other not.
“No cash.”

Monday, 14 December 2015

Protest In London Over The Killing Of Shiites By Nigerian Army In Zaria (Photos)

Islamic Human Rights Commission have organized a protest in front of Nigerian High Commission in London in support of Shiites sect members being killed by the Nigerian Army since Saturday.

The protesters on Sunday stormed Nigerian Embassy and wrote “Nigerian Army are killing unarmed civilians now” on the front door, floor and placards.








Saturday, 28 November 2015

Radio Station To Fight Boko Haram Insurgency by David Smith is Established

A Canadian broadcaster, David Smith, has established a radio station focused at combating Boko Haram insurgency and its ideology.

The channel, Dandal Kura, will air on shortwave from Nigeria to discourage people from violence.
Dandal Kura, Kanuri words for meeting point, targets mainly the Kanuri and Hausa-speaking communities of Nigeria where Boko Haram has conducted a brutal insurgency since 2009.

Mr. Smith, a veteran crisis and conflict news reporter, distinguished himself by setting up radio stations in crisis areas to preach the gospel of peaceful coexistence in war-torn areas.

He cut his journalism teeth during the Apartheid in South Africa in 1985, and despite being of Canadian descent, worked for the ANC-owned radio station, Capital Radio, against the P.W. Botha-led National Party.Mr. Smith describes Apartheid as “terrorism”.

He set up the first UN-supported conflict-zone radio in the Balkan region in the 90s during the war in Yugoslavia, and later established a similar project in Bangui, the capital of the Central African Republic, CAR.With the huge success recorded in educating the people to eschew violence in CAR, he set Radio Bar-Kulan (meaning a meeting place in the local language) in Somalia, and later established Radio Okapi in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

With terrorism ravaging the Lake Chad Basin – an area covering parts of Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroun – the broadcaster established Dandal Kura in Nigeria.
Speaking when he visited PREMIUM TIMES recently, the Media Advisor of Dandal Kura Radio, David Smith, said the station targets about 9 million people in the Lake Chad basin.

Mr. Smith, who once worked with the UN on media projects in conflict zones, said the major target audience of Dandal Kura Radio were states affected by the Boko Haram crisis.

He said although the station informs and entertain the people on routine issues, the thematic area of the its programming was largely on peace building.He said Dandal Kura Radio broadcasts in Kanuri language in order to give people “sense of belonging and ownership”.

He said other areas of the station’s focus were Eastern Niger area of Diffa, the Northern Cameroon area of Marwa, Northern Chad, noting that the station had correspondents in these areas.

“We have network of correspondents in states affected by the Boko Haram activity, and also in neighbouring states,” he said.

“Interestingly, because I travel a lot to N’jamena where I am in talks with the Multi-National Joint Task Force and the Lake Chad Basin Commission, I come across a lot of Kanuri speaking people in N’jamena, there is a large Kanuri speaking IDPs in N’jamena.

“I didn’t know they existed until I started visiting the Lake Chad Commission, and all the Kanuri speaking people in N’jamena started to find me to tell me how much they appreciated Dandal Kura, and wanted to contribute in it.

“Interestingly, because we broadcast on shortwave, and shortwave covers a vast area, I can say even in South Africa, I can pick up Dandal Kura.

“We have a large following in South Sudan and other areas because of the Kanuri speaking people in the Juba area, as well as the Khartoum area. Because of the traditional and historical reasons, people travelling on overland route to Mecca find themselves settling in Khartoum.”

According to him, there are estimated 9 million Kanuri speakers in the Lake Chad basin, and that Dandal Kura Radio is the only radio station that mainly broadcasts in Kanuri.

He said the station was currently operating in Kano for security reasons, assuring that the station would soon move to Maiduguri, where he called the “the heart of the Kanuri speaking world”.

The station currently operates for six hours – from 6am to 8am on 7415KHz in the 41 metre band; 8am to 9am on 15480 KHz in the 19metre band; and 7 to 10pm on 11830 KHz in the 25 metre band.